Summer Holiday Reads

06:35


Another holiday post today! There's nothing better than a good book on holiday and today I thought I would share with you the three books I read on my week in the sun.

One Day by David Nicholls
First of all, I seriously recommend the book over the film. (I love Anne Hathaway but what is that accent?!) The story follows Dexter and Emma on the 15th July every year over twenty years, beginning right after their university graduation. I absolutely love the writing style, it's warm and witty and so relatable. I've just finished university so it was particularly poignant for me. It's not your conventional love story, it's about friendship, growing up and how life never seems to turn out like you think.

Case Histories by Kate Atkinson
 I'm not into crime novels at all but this is a crime novel with a difference..The novel centres on three unsolved cases of murders and a missing child, I know, sounds grim right? However the stories are interwoven so skillfully and Atkinson writes characters so incredibly well, it's difficult not to be pulled in. It's also a book with a satisfying ending, giving the reader decent closure on the tragic stories.

The Unpredictable Consequences of Love by Jill Mansell
This is definitely the light and easy read out of the three, I actually picked this up on holiday when I finished the previous two reads. Mansell is the queen of quintessentially British romance novels and they're bound to leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside. This particular one is set in Cornwall and follows the lives of the residents of a fictional coastal town, falling in and out of love. Yes, it's a little predictable if you've read any other Jill Mansell novels, but its still light hearted and feel good and the Cornish location makes you feel super summery.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe