Spring Pinks

07:02



Happy first official day of spring! I'm so excited for the warmer weather and to finally stop wearing my huge parka coat! Pink is my favourite colour all year round but especially in spring, it's just the perfect colour for make up to look fresh, healthy and glowing.

I've always had a thing for pink blush and I've got a couple of fairly recent discoveries to share with you, for something subtle and glowing, I adore the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 05 Lovely Pink, which acts as a hghlighter and blush. Then there's the Too Faced Love Flush Blush in Justfy My Love, a beautiful brightening pink that has a tiny amount of shimmer. This blush is the prettiest one I've ever seen (I'm going to try and keep that beautiful pattern intact for as long as possible! Also, notice the bunnies- ideal for spring!) and has good lasting power on the skin.

 For lips, I've been enjoying something a little more sheer and glossy, moving away from the heavier matte lips of winter. I love the Revlon Lip Butter in 080 Strawberry Shortcake, an old favourite of mine. Lip butters are perfect when you want a sheer wash of colour and moisture, but nothing too heavy and pigmented. For something with more of a glossy texture, I absolutely adore the Clarins Instant Light natural Lip Perfector in 01. This feels so comfortable on my lips and gives such a lovely glossy finish without feeling sticky. This is by far my favourite lip gloss formula of all time!

On the eyes, I've rediscovered my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, a dreamy selection of rosy tones. My favourite shades are Dust and Burnout, beautiful shimmery pinks that look seriously pretty all over the lid. For something in a cream formula, another old discovery is the Bourjois Colourband Eyeshadow Stick in Rose Fauviste, a stunning rose gold. The pencil formula makes it so easy to swipe and go. 

I know I've already done a post on my spring nail picks but I couldn't resist adding another Essie beauty to the mix. Lovie Dovie is described as a "perfect flamingo pink" that is bright but not too Barbie bright. Then there is Fiji, a cult classic for a reason, a stunning pale pink that is so delicate and perfect for Spring.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe