June 2016 Favourites

08:28




June is always my favourite month because it's my birthday month! My birthday was at the end of the month and I got quite a few beauty bits so I'll be posting about those soon!

It also signals the start of summer and I spent the first few days of this month in considerable pain because with the glorious sunshine came sunburn. First, it was my arms as I was caught quite off guard by the heat, so I slapped on the factor 50 to prevent further burning but stupidly forgot to do the back of my legs and then proceeded to lie in my garden on my front reading Harry Potter for two hours  (gotta refresh my memory before Cursed Child!) so that meant that I  had to spend every night sleeping sprawled out on my front because anything touching the back of my legs felt like FIRE.

Anyway kids, take that ramble as a serious reminder to always wear SPF and don't be a plonker and forget the back of your legs like me.

Onto the favourites! My first favourite is the Sleek Solstice Palette, four beautiful highlighter that I did a full post on here. I especially love Equinox, the bottom right shade. Thee powders are so pigmented and the glow they give is beautiful. Also, FeelUnique now stock Sleek! 

I've only just discovered the Vogue YouTube channel and their 73 questions videos, quick fire interviews with some pretty amazing people, think Anna Wintour, Blake Lively and Taylor Swift. Once discovered, I proceeded to binge watch loads of them, special mention to the Derek Zoolander one.

I mentioned that I had done a little NYX shopping and I've now added a new item to my NYX collection, the Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Tea and Cookies. These feel a little softer than the Soft Matte Lip Creams, but are similar in finish. Tea and Cookies is a lovely soft pink that is so pretty for this time of year!

I thought I should mention this because it's limited edition and I think this will be the polish of the summer for me, Essie Lounge Lover, a perfect peachy pink. This looks great on fingers and toes and a multitude of skin tones.

Other favourites of the month are definitely going to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour and my birthday, which I'll post about soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe