May 2016 Favourites

12:11




May was a mixed bag; we had about 4 days of glorious sunshine and high temperatures and I honestly thought summer was here to stay. Then a couple of days later it was back to rain and gloom. I worked quite a lot in May so I treated myself to a few new make up bits and I'll try and write up some blog posts ASAP! I also caved and FINALLY started watching Game of Thrones. Better late than never right? Anyway, I am totally hooked and have binge watched it this month and am already on season 5! So I definitely have to include that as a favourite.

Onto beauty, I have two nail favourites to start off, both from Topshop. I've been wearing pastels non stop and particularly loving blue and lilac shades. I'm so obsessed with Parma Violet and Boy Next Door, a lovely true lilac and a duck egg blue.

I've never been a great lover of fake lashes, but I have to say, I'm slowly but surely becoming a little bit addicted! The Eylure individual lashes are so easy to use and I love just wearing one or two clusters on the outer corner of my lashline for a subtle cat eye. I actually find them easier to apply than strip lashes as you don't need to measure them against your eye so don't be put off if you think they look too fiddly! They also have such great lasting power, I never find that they're awkwardly peeling off halfway through a night out, because there's nothing worse than when you're looking fresh to death but you've got half an eyelash hanging off...

I've also been thoroughly enjoying my Rosie for Autograph make up. I've only just started getting into the highlighter as I used to have quite oily skin and so the idea of adding more shine to my face felt weird. However, my skin is a little more dry now and so I've been loving adding a little bit of glow. This is a loose powder so it's very finely milled. It's quite a cool highlight which I think suits my pale skin, I love that it can be quite subtle but also built up for an intense look so you don't put this on and immediately look like a disco ball.  The lipstick in Camisole Blush is the most perfect nude rose pink shade. The formula is creamy and moisturising but with decent pigment so it feels really comfortable but gives a great colour. And obviously, the packaging for the entire range is so dreamy!

Continuing the pink lip theme (I know, I desperately need to branch out) I've also loved wearing the Rimmel lip liner in East End Snob. It's a slightly darker dusky pink shade but if you've got tanned to dark skin, it will come up more nude. I've seen it look gorgeous on Sammi from Beautycrush! The formula is very matte and long lasting and I love that it's a twist up crayon as it means no sharpening!

I am so excited for June as its my birthday month! What have you all loved from May?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe